William John Kalmbach obituary photo
 
In Memory of

William John Kalmbach

July 5, 1920 - May 6, 2017

Obituary


William (Bill) John Kalmbach, 96, Cloudland, GA died Saturday (5/6) at his residence. Mr. Kalmbach was born in Sylvania, Ohio on July 5, 1920. During WWII, he served as an Engineer on the Patrolman Pipe Line in India-Burma China region. After serving in the Army, he attended Ohio State University where he met his wife, Esther. Following graduation, he took a job as a Chemical Engineer for Pittsburgh Plate Glass. A few years later, he moved back to Sylvania where he was in charge of Research and Development for Owens Illinois Glass Company (Toledo, OH)....

William (Bill) John Kalmbach, 96, Cloudland, GA died Saturday (5/6) at his residence. Mr. Kalmbach was born in Sylvania, Ohio on July 5, 1920. During WWII, he served as an Engineer on the Patrolman Pipe Line in India-Burma China region. After serving in the Army, he attended Ohio State University where he met his wife, Esther. Following graduation, he took a job as a Chemical Engineer for Pittsburgh Plate Glass. A few years later, he moved back to Sylvania where he was in charge of Research and Development for Owens Illinois Glass Company (Toledo, OH). Following his retirement, he and Esther resided in Pompano Beach FL for 37 years. In 2015, Bill and Esther moved to Cloudland, GA. and have lived with their daughter and son-in-law. He attended Cloudland Presbyterian Church. Mr. Kalmbach was very active. He held a private pilot license and enjoyed flying, golfing, fishing, square dancing and traveling. Mr. Kalmbach is preceded in death by his parents, Floyd and Florence Kalmbach; his brother, Robert (Bob) Kalmbach; and his son, Michael Kalmbach. He leaves behind his wife of 70 years, Esther (Wolfe) Kalmbach; his son, Gregory Kalmbach and his wife Sheryl Chapman; his daughter, Carolyn Milhan and her husband Paul Milhan; his daughter-in-law, Susan Kalmbach; seven grandchildren, and several great grandchildren. A memorial service will be held at Cloudland Presbyterian Church.